I'm finally getting to write about my first race. It was a little weird being at the start waiting for the race to start. It just didn't seem like a place I should be. I'm looking around at all these people you can tell are natural runners. I just kept telling myself that I just want to finish, even if I come in last.
The first mile went by really quickly. I think we were under 10 minutes. We (the other girls from Mom's on the Run) thought she was joking! About 1.5 miles into it, there was a house playing the "Rocky" theme song. That was fun and got us pumped. Some people were such good cheerers! My best cheerleader ran the entire way with me, Lisa. This 4-mile run was a piece of cake for her. But she was very supportive and had some great words of encouragement on the way.
The second to third mile was the toughest. For some reason it felt like it was never going to end. So, I decided to walk for a little bit. We probably walked for a minute or two. Once we started running, that third mile came up quickly. Wish I would have just pushed through it. The last mile was good because I knew I was in the home stretch.
I pulled into the finish line around 44 minutes. I was surprised by my time. I thought I'd be doing more like 12 mintues miles. But, it was an overall great race for my first ever.
The weather cooperated. It rained the night before, so the humidity was low. The sun was hiding behind the clouds until the last .5 miles.
Now onto my next race, Tiger Tracks at the MN Zoo on August 28th. Come and cheer us on!
1 comment:
Great job on doing the race!!! YAY!
Post a Comment